23 Nov Invitation
It’s the most wonderful time of the year…..
Happy Thanksgiving Dear Readers!
How’s the turkey coming along? Ready to start your Christmas and holiday shopping? Here we go……….!
Please join me for a wonderful year of all sewing and no shopping beginning January 1, 2018. 😀
For new Goodbye Valentino readers, my blog originated in 2011 when I decided to quit buying clothes for one year in favor of sewing my clothes. Since that time I hosted another RTW Fast in 2014, but my oh my, how quickly four years have passed and Dear Readers, it’s time for renewal!
The wonderful sewing industry has teamed up with me to make this the best Ready To Wear Fast ever! We will provide continuing focal points, interviews, giveaways and incentives to the participants for an unbelievable year. Giveaways include:
Fabulous threads and notions!
Lots of online classes!
Monthly giveaways from the following pattern companies!
Discover your style, improve your sewing skills and bond with your online sewing friends!
What exactly is the Ready To Wear Fast?
The Ready to Wear Fast is a vow to abstain from buying clothes for one year. You will give up buying clothes from January 1 – December 31, 2018. You may sew anything, and you may fabric shop as much as you would like! The purpose is to Save Money and Improve Your Sewing Skills, but believe me, the rewards of the commitment will exceed your expectations.
Frequently asked questions.
1.May I buy sweaters since I don’t knit?
No, you may not buy sweaters.
2. What about bathing suits?
No, you may not buy a bathing suit.
3. I’m attending a ball this year. May I buy a ball gown?
No you may not buy a ball gown.
4. Do I have to make my wedding dress?
Please buy the wedding dress of your dreams. A wedding dress or bridesmaid’s dress is the only exception.
5. What about scarves?
6. What can we buy during 2018?
You many buy underwear, socks, stockings, jewelry, handbags and belts.
7. Can we buy shoes on a Ready to Wear Fast?
Y E S !! Shoes are allowed – Enjoy 😉
8. Can I wear the Ready to Wear clothes I bought before the Fast?
9. May we accept gifts of clothing?
10. Can we buy thrift shop clothes to refashion?
No. I encourage you to refashion clothes from your closet.
Please R.S.V.P. by December 31, 2017 to email@example.com with the following:
1. your name
3. your Facebook name – Facebook is a convenient method for all of the Fasters to communicate. I will also be using Instagram and hope you will too #2018rtwfast.
4. blog address if you have one
I hope you’ll join me in the festivities of sewing during 2018. You’ve got over a whole month to prepare for a whole year of sewing, saving and looking fab!