17 Jun Don’t forget to cover up!
No reason to keep this Cover-Up under wraps!
For my Cover-Up I used a piece of cotton voile from Mood Fabrics which had been in the stash for a while. After having some improvisational fun with the fabric (blogged here) I was ready to wear it as a permanent garment.
A few pom-poms…..
a little stitching….
and viola…… it’s time to hit the beach.
The RTW Cover-Up is 31″ square.
In a nutshell without many photos……..
- I measured my fabric according, then turned in the raw edges and attached pom-poms to the inside edge of the fabric.
- After tracing the neckline from the RTW, and taking the seam allowance into consideration for the neckline finish, I cut out a template.
- The fabric was folded in half, and after cutting the neckline, I staystitched immediately to prevent stretching before finishing the neckline with a piece of self-bias tape.
- Starting nine inches below the shoulder and seven inches in from the outer edge, I sewed a 13″ seam on each side.
- I made a buttonhole slit at the center front of the Cover-Up and placed casing on the inside.
- I attached a piece of casing all the way around the garment, breaking the stitch at the side seams.This allows for the drawstring to pull continuously for through the casing.7. After making and inserting the drawstring, I added two pom-poms to each end.All done.
Wear it lose or drawn… but more importantly wear it with a little panache !
Happy Saturday 🙂