13 Apr Vogue 1127
I started with this Badgley Mischka Vogue pattern.It didn’t turn out so I turned to these cute tops by Annebelle LaRoque for inspiration,
and I ended up with this. It only took an entire week of sewing….
While sewing comes very easily to some, I always seem to have issues. Not that I’m complaining….. maybe I don’t know what I’m doing or maybe I’m a perfectionist, but to me, patterns are rarely what I expect. This Vogue pattern was e n o r m o u s and then I concurred that my fabric choice was all wrong too. The top added about 30 pounds to my appearance and the whole thing looked matronly on me. I really admired Annebelle LaRoque’s cute tops (above) using Amy Butler fabrics, and I hoped they weren’t too far out of reach midway through making the Vogue pattern.
After removing eight inches from the bodice,
cutting in the armholes by two inches, adding a lining, sewing four darts in the back
I ended up with a top I really like. I even found this pretty Lily button in my stash for the finishing touch. You may know one of the rules I made for myself during this year of sewing my clothes, was that I had to complete each project I began. This one was challenging because it was so time consuming, but each alteration brought me closer to the vision I had in mind.
Well, I’m glad I hung in there for several reasons. Obviously, I have a cute, new top and my efforts were not wasted, but I am reminded from this small accomplishment that larger ones await if I’m willing to work for them.
Best wishes for a great weekend!!