A few days ago FedEx delivered a surprise package from my Aunt Maggie. I received my first surprise package from Aunt Maggie at age 7; a large box filled with homemade Barbie clothes including a wedding dress! Through the years Aunt Maggie tastefully perfected her hobbies of sewing, crafting, cooking and home decorating to impressive heights, and I’ve known very few people to be as talented, industrious and thoughtful as she is.
You might guess an unexpected package from Aunt Maggie is a good thing, and my anticipations swelled when a gorgeous piece of virgin wool popped out upon opening the tightly packed box.
Yep – the box was loaded with gorgeous fabrics inspiring my first blog giveaway!
Take a look below:
1. 2 and 1/2 yards (60″ width) Black and White Virgin Wool plaid. Maggie sent me 5 yards and I’d love to share half.
3. 2 1/2 yards (45″ width) red and off-white silk taffeta
4. 2 1/2 yard (60″ width) beige/camel wool. This is very, very heavy wool. Perfect for the North Pole.
5. 2 yard (44″width ) white pique
6. 2 2/3 yards red/white/blue. I’m not sure what this is other than a stiff linen blend.
7. Brand new Butterick 5850! I was so excited about the recent $1.99 sale that I accidentally ordered 2
8. Vogue 8766. I received a duplicate pattern when I signed up for the Craftsy Sew the Perfect Fit class.
9. Vogue 8786. Ugh…… I bought the wrong size and couldn’t return it.
10. Out of Print – Vogue 9607 I found this pattern in a box of fabric and have no idea where it came from. Very pretty, but it’s not my size!
11. Vogue 8491
12. Vogue 8381
Lucky Thirteen! I’ve never worn these and I never will Kate Spade Size 6
14. 50 Yards of hem tape – 2 25-yard pieces
All patterns are unused. To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below indicating which items you’d like by Wednesday April 10th . Winners will be selected by a random drawing and announced on Thursday, April 11th at Noon EST.