December to Remember

Snazzy Sew ‘n’ Sew got her Sewing Mojo back. Cissie continues to inspire us all and Jilly’s hand has healed. As for the title of my post – I got that from Barbara Dean; her words not mine.

The RTW Fasters “behind the scenes” rapport is nothing short of inspirational to me.   Other than providing support for anyone who wanted to give up buying clothes for a year, my vision for the page was pretty loose. With the help of Google Groups, these ladies communicate with each other all the time sharing tips, seeking advice and support.

Christmas is not only a difficult time not to shop but a tricky time to sew for ourselves.  The RTW Fasters  have put forth great effort with exciting results! See if you can guess the person who made the following garments. You’ll find the answer when you click on the photo :)

thecoat

dsc_0014jean

Brocade

m6163-028Frill

8288563095_a8491e5cc9_bdresschristmastree

Gold

8227414043_1b17c5886c_b

How did you do?

I’d say these ladies are ready for holiday festivities of every type – hopefully you are too!

Great job RTW Fasters and  best wishes to my readers, friends and family for a

Very Merry Christmas,

Happy Hanukkah,

Beautiful Kwanzaa

and

Holiday Season to all :)

FreeGreatPicture.com-28125-christmas-hats

This entry was posted in Ready to Wear Fast, sewing bloggers, sewing blogs, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to December to Remember

1. KathieB says:

Sarah! Loving your posts and the items made by RTW Fasters… I’ve been adding their blogs to my Reader list as I find their work very inspiring. I could not find a blog address for Cissie and am hoping she has one… if she does, can you share it? Thanks very much and Happy Holidays from Upstate New York, where it is FINALLY snowing a bit!

Tell Kathie I might start a blog — though I have nothing to add to the fabulous blogs already out there — if Santa brings me a decent camera for Christmas!

3. Judith says:

Loved to peek at all the RTW Fasters on one post – brilliant reading! Just imagine what they will all whip up next year. 2013 will certainly be a great RTW Fasters year…
    Merry Christmas from Down Under…J

What a fun post to read. It’s so much fun to see what everyone is sewing – the talent is inspiring!

Wow, what a great crop of handmade pieces!

6. Isn’t the internet amazing? I keep saying it but is true – where would The Fasters be without it. Anywho merry merry to you too and have a fabulous festive season with plenty of eats, treats and relaxation.

7. Teri says:

Yes, where would be be without the Internet? It is the best thing since sliced bread. Looking forward to some post holiday sewing. I have a wedding to go to January 12th. Time for a new outfit!

8. That sleeveless black dress is wonderful. What pattern is it?

9. jillybe says:

lol what a clever way to do links! We are a truly inspirational group; thanks again for gathering us all together :)

10. twotoast says:

What fantastic garments – you have really inspired us all!