Thanks, Cherry Pix !

While waiting for my latest garment post to be published by Mood, I received a lovely surprise! The very clever and always witty Cherry Pix nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blog/One Lovely Blogger award!  Many thanks Cherry Pix!

one-lovely-blog-award    very-inspiring-blogger-award-2

I know I’m in for a little chuckle whenever a comment or post lands in my mailbox from Cherry Pix. I’ve even thought about sending her my post before publishing because she always finds the punch line I wish I had thought of….. clever thing. She sews well too ;)

________________________________

The rules of this lovely award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
 3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
 5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.

__________________________________

In February I received the Versatile Blogger award and listed seven things about myself here. If you would like to know seven more know things about me read on. If not I understand.

1. I love hairspray.
  2. My favorite cultural indulgence these days is attending the Met HD Live broadcasts (Metropolitan Opera).
  3. I am the oldest child.
  4. I am left-handed.
  5. I have an excellent cookbook collection.
  6. I deserve an F in keeping up with the laundry. Even more pitiful now that it’s just my husband and me.
  7. I’m still addicted to iPhone scrabble.

I know you’re impressed.

_______________________________

I’d like to nominate the following 10 talented bloggers for the One Lovely Blog and Very Inspiring Blog award:

Coco’s Loft – Tall, thin and elegant, Florida resident Coco sews a beautiful cool and breezy wardrobe, perfect for life in the tropics.

Sewspicious Minds – Heather loves sewing 60s and 70s patterns with bold and colorful fabrics.

Sew Ruth – Ruth is just downright entertaining. I never know what she is going to make, but can’t wait to read her posts!

Ten Thousand Hours of Sewing – What does it take to become an expert? 10,000 hours of practice according to Malcom Gladwell’s book ,The Outliers.  Victoria is on a mission!

JanMade – Jan sews beautifully for herself and her daughter. She constantly share s her gift benefitting those in need.

Notes from a Mad Housewife – I just discovered Lisa on PR and love her cute clothes.

A Fool for Fabric – Casual elegance is what comes to mind when I think of Margy. She knows her style and always looks  f a n t a s t I c .

Kopy Kat Creations Barbara is the latest RTW Faster who shares a blog with her daughter……… a sewing enthusiastic to say the least!

Girls in the Garden Lori, always thinking about others is the most industrious person I’ve ever seen. Her sewing is always spot on no matter what the genre.

Congratulations, Ladies and pass it on!!

This entry was posted in sewing blog, sewing bloggers, sewing blogs, sewing clothes and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Thanks, Cherry Pix !

1. Cennetta says:

Congratulations and thanks for introducing me to some new sewists.

2. Lene says:

That is what I say too – Congratulations!
    I have added every sinle one of your nominated talented bloggers to my reading list. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to reading their inspiring posts going forward.

3. ozviking says:

Well deserver award – congratulations!
    I have entered every single one of your nominated talented bloggers as they are all so inspirational. Thank you for sharing

Thank you so much, I am so appreciative.

I should of started with Congratulations, you are so well-deserving

6. coco says:

Sarah, congratulations – and many thanks as well. I am a bit overwhelmed, such lovely compliments.

7. piakdy says:

Congratulation!

Actually, that’s a double nomination for you: I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award too a couple of days ago and forgot to inform you! Oops. I really enjoy reading about your no-RTW diet & campaign. Was very tempted to join you, but I can’t live without fitted cardie (the type with matching ribbing) and with moth infestation I don’t think I could go entirely without replacement purchases. So I will live vicariously through your blog and those of others on your campaign.

BTW, your new Elizabeth McKay wannabe silk charmeuse top looks lovely on you!

Pia

8. Victoria says:

Thanks so much for the nomination, Pretty Lady!!!! I am truly honored. Congrats to you on your nom as well! I love your blog and following you is such a treat!!!

9. Thank you SEW very much for this cool nomination, and I feel very honored especially by you whom I have been admiring for creating such BEAUTIFUL outfits! ~ Louella

10. Margy Houtz says:

I’m very honored by your choosing my blog…I hope you’ll understand if I say “thanks, but no thanks”!

• Certainly I understand – it’s very time consuming to accept the award nominations. I find them worthwhile in that they promote camaraderie among the sewing bloggers and introduce our readers to new blogs.

11. Jan says:

Thanks so much for recognizing my humble little blog! Your blog is very inspiring and very deserving of the award! I hope to continue the award soon on my blog.