Goodbye Valentino & Mood

I just returned from a wonderful two-week vacation and,

WOW, do I have news to share….!!!!!!!

Yesterday Mood Fabrics launched its Sewing Network  and guess what?

To say I was surprised when Mood Fabrics invited me to be part of its new sewing network is an understatement.

W a s    I   i n t e r e s t e d   ?

Mood Fabrics, the splendid fabric store in the heart of NYC’s garment district featured in Project Runway wanted  M E  to help launch its new sewing network?

Seriously??

As one of nine bloggers in the US, I receive a monthly fabric allowance from Mood in exchange for sewing and blogging.

It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it?

Since my first (and only) visit to Mood Fabrics almost 9 months ago, I became an instant fan of this wonderful store and a regular online customer as seen in the photos below.

For those wondering if I would continue sewing after my year of giving up ready-to-wear was over,  the answer is YES, I will continue sewing – with pleasure!

Please join me and fellow bloggers:

as we share our projects and love of sewing on the Mood Sewing Network.

Until soon :)

This entry was posted in Mood Fabrics, sewing blog, sewing clothes, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to Goodbye Valentino & Mood

1. Julie Starr says:

Congratulations and hurray!!! What a perfect forum to showcase your beautiful creations and the charming storytelling style of your blog. I’m thrilled for you and so happy I have your posts to look forward to again. (and what a dream come true…FREE FABRIC! My husband commented last night that it was about time for a fabric intervention.)

2. sewbusylizzy says:

Wow – lucky you and so well deserved! Happy dances for the bank account!!

3. velosewer says:

Congratulations on a great holiday and being a Mood blogger. How wonderful.
    You have such great style.

4. poppykettle says:

you lucky thing you :)

5. SheriNJ says:

Thank you Mood! I am thrilled you blog will go on. I can only imagine how fabulous your new creations will be.

6. Caroline Lazzara says:

WOW!! Congratulations — can’t wait to see your posts. Although I love Project Runway it seems that the same black fabric gets used over and over. Can’t wait to see what you create! I was so overwhelmed when I went to Mood that I’ve decided to stay local.

• Hi Caroline and thanks for writing. Do you know I’ve missed the last THREE episodes due to being away? I watched highlights from episode 9 online yesterday and really liked Dmitri’s creation. Mood was overwhelming to me too, but I limited myself to two departments – wool jersey and silk. I’d love to go back sometime and spend an entire day :)

7. Joanne says:

Don’t stop now I always look forward to your posts Congratulations!

8. juibet says:

You are surprised? Well, I’m not. You are prolific, adventuresome with print, have a strong personal style, plus you are photogenic and ooze southern lady charm. They would be nuts not to pick you. Have a ball. There are lots of us who will live vicariously through you on your fabric adventure.

9. Sally says:

Congratulations!!!!!

10. Lynn says:

How wonderful!! This is going to be a exciting new chapter in your life! Congratulations!

Who knew? When you started this blog, did you realize this is where it would take you? Life can be surprisingly wonderful at times, can’t it? I am thrilled that Mood will support your sewing habit so I can continue to enjoy your fabulous blog. Congratulations!

12. Yay for you!! Do you pick out your fabric allowance from Mood or do they send you what they want you to sew with?

13. Irene says:

Congratulations! I am so happy that you will continue to inspire us all with your wonderful creations.

14. Sassy T says:

Ooo congrats. Love forward to seeing your mood creations.

15. Pendle Stitches says:

What wonderful news. I’m thrilled for you. I do believe its highly deserved and I’m excited to see where this new path takes you. Happy sewing.

16. Congratulations! it is really great – a Big Chance!
    Happy sewing – looking forward for your new great projects!

17. Congratulations, you are amazing! I love to follow your blog that gives me so much sewinginspiration. Very happy that you continue even efter that you have completed you project. Ann-Britt in Sweden

18. Linda says:

Congratulations! So glad to hear you are going to continue sewing. Love your blog.

19. Angela says:

Congratulations! I was so happy to see that you were among the group of some of my favorite bloggers that will be on the Mood Sewing Network Blog! Looking forward to seeing more from you. You have been a great inspiration.

P.S. I am almost done with Vogue 1316. The lining arrives today so I should be finished by next weekend. I am giving myself a couple of days because my in-laws arrive for a visit on Thursday :)

20. Barbara Russel says:

Outstanding!!! You probably didn’t have to think twice about doing this. You inspire me to get back to sewing.

21. Jeyco says:

Wow, monthly fabric allowance! Congratulations!! I’m looking forward to seeing your creations with their fabric:)

22. Liza D. says:

Congratulations! What a fabulous honor, and well-deserved!

23. Coco says:

Wow! You go, girl! Love that you will be doing this, Mood made a perfect choice.

24. artattack024 says:

Wow…that will certainly make it easy to stay in the MOOD to sew…congrats!!

25. cheryl says:

Congratulations! What a well deserved honor :) Can’t wait to see what you do with all that gorgeous fabric! So excited for you!

26. Congratulations!!! Very well deserved. You have a gorgeous sense of style, and will thrive in your new endeavor with Mood.

congratulations – enjoy.

Congratulations! Have fun!

I’m so glad I found your blog (and “met” you) through the Mood Network! You make the most lovely things, and I’m beyond jealous of and impressed by your skills and style!

30. Dagmar O'Hanlon says:

That is the most amazing news! Now you will reach even more people who may not have been aware of your excellent and well designed blog. Did you know that a sew-a-long inspired by your 1 year challenge started on PR in your absence? Here is the link if you’d like to see how many sewists cite you as their inspiration!!!!!

• Hi Dagmar, I clicked on the link and almost started to cry. I had no idea I had inspired a sewing movement on Pattern Review. Thank you so very much for bringing this to my attention! Until soon :)

31. Congratulations and welcome back!

32. Deb Fox says:

I could not think of a more appropriate person to represent them! Your fashions are exquisite, as is your taste in fabrics. I think this will be fantastatic collaboration and I can’t wait to see what you post next!

33. sewnotwork says:

Congratulations! How wonderful. Looking to see more of your creations! I haven’t ordered from Mood yet. Afraid I will order something and it will be not quite the right color or that the fabric design pattern too big or too small.

34. Congrats and of course they asked you. You’ve already been sewing Mood’ish for ages :o)). Plus it means you have to keep making stuff, so there!

35. Heather says:

Congratulations! I’m so excited to follow you ladies on this new adventure!

36. Joyce Love says:

So glad to see you back, & I’m not at all surprised that Mood picked you, Sarah! You write wonderful, entertaining posts ( I still chuckle about “Eat your damn cake” ), have loads of charm & style, & sew exquisite creations – what more could they ask for?

37. Congratulations! You deserve this. I can’t wait to see you beautiful new projects.

Congratulations, Sarah! This is going to be so much fun – for you and for us!

39. robindenning says:

what fun! looking forward to your wonderful creations!

40. Jan says:

What a win, win, win we have. Mood fabrics wins for their great fabrics being shown, you win for having the opportunity to sew their fabrics and WE the readers get more of your beautiful creations and inspirations! Looking forward to more of your wonderful clothes!

41. Maggie Edger says:

Congratulations👍I look forward to your future adventures🌴

Sent from my iPhone

42. Heather says:

HURRAH, HURRAH, HURRAH you are going to carry on sewing and blogging plus you get fabric from Mood-result.
    Can’t wait to see what you will make.

43. NinaLBoston says:

I echo Velosewer: YOU have great style! You are certainly deserving of this collaboration with Mood with all the fine sewing you have done this year and the hours put into your blog.
    I look forward to your future blogs — maybe some helpful hints for avoiding disappointment when selecting online. (Still scared to buy prints! Sometimes it’s hard to be short.)
    Could you influence Mood to add care instructions to each product’s description? I’m thinking something more helpful than that ubiquitous line on other sites “test first if you wish to wash at home.”
    Best of luck choosing from among Mood’s many yummy fabrics with that allowance!

44. Ruth says:

Really not suprised by this. You make lovely clothes that suit you down to the ground. You are an inspiration to those of us trying to sew for ourselves. Enjoy yourself you deserve it.

45. Joy says:

Congratulations! What an honor, and what a WIN!

46. Cheryl says:

I just stumbled on your site this morning when I was researching patterns – what a fantastic journey! I am amazed at what you’ve done – you’ve totally inspired me to try more clothes! There is one in particular – the Simplicity 2584. I just went to a home show and bought a dress that looked exactly like this for (gasp!) $148. I know I can make it – will give it a whirl! I am thinking we live in the same general area because I saw you reference Mary Jo’s, which is one of my faves! Can’t wait to see what else you do!!

Wow! What a nice coming-home surprise. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person. And the best part of this is that it means you just have to keep sewing and inspiring us all!

48. Vivian says:

I am not surprised! You blog is inspirational to a beginner like me. I am so glad you will continue blogging and sewing!