Style Arc Embellished

Since completing the “Kate Spade” dress last week I took a short break from the sewing machine and eased back in to the eighth month of sewing my clothes for a year with something super simple. For a moment I thought this project was so easy it didn’t deserve a post, but then I decided it certainly deserved a post just because it was so easy.

After several successful experiences with Style Arc patterns, I placed another order which included the Diana top pattern.

The top would have taken one hour to make but I decided to add a neckline ruffle – surprise, surprise.

To my great delight the ruffle only added another two hours to the project, and now I’m glad I took the time to embellish this basic pattern. I used the ruffle that came with this Simplicity pattern because it had a nice taper.  I cut two tapered ruffle pattern pieces and sewed both ends together, folded in half and gathered before attaching to the top. Then I cut a bias strip to use as a facing.

This top was made using a cotton jersey in my stash. It began as a muslin but was quickly transformed into a fun warm-weather top that I can wear with skirts, pants and shorts. Style Arc did it again and I sincerely recommend this pattern company because the patterns are cut and shaped so well.

LOOK MA’  NO DARTS!So……. here’s to

s i m p l i c i t y

g o o d   p a t t e r n s

a n d

e a s y   s e w i n g  !

This entry was posted in cotton jersey, Easy Sewing, sewing, sewing clothes, sewing patterns, Sewing Tops, Style Arc Patterns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Style Arc Embellished

1. Carol says:

Great top! You did it again…I just ordered my first Style Arc pattern last week. I can’t wait for it to arrive and give it a try. 8 months…my how time flies.

• Hi Carol,
      Thanks for the comment! Which pattern did you order? Because I live in South Carolina, the postage is expensive and it takes a lonnnnnngggg time for the patterns to arrive, so I order several…… then the pressure is on to get busy and sew :)

• Carol says:

I actually received my pattern today!! They mailed it the next day which was April 2nd and I received it today!! I can’t believe how quick that was. I’m in Louisiana. I ordered the Leah Lounge pant and the free Amy knit top came with it. I’ll be cutting those out tonight. I wanted to see how close they were to my recreated pair of Talbot’s pants that I copied as my pants for the Kenneth King Jeanius class on Craftsy. They fit almost perfect, I just had to adjust the waist on them so I’ll see how close this Style Arc pattern is to them.

Very cute, indeed. I love it that you love orange as much as I do. I wish I could find a tee shirt pattern with cup sizes and no darts…not sure such a thing exists. This is adorable on you…great work.

• Thanks, Dorcas! I have always loved coral and its variations both on the pink and orange side. It goes with my skin! I don’t know about the tee shirt with cup sizes but let me (or the world) know when you find it! :)

This is soooo you! I love how you interpreted the pattern to make it your own…and I love the color!

• Ah…… thanks, Carolyn! That’s the key to successful sewing isn’t it – learning how to make a pattern your own . You do this soooooo well and I love the appliques on the new dress!! :)

4. sewingaddict says:

Well done! I am so impressed with your creativity. I would never have thought to add a ruffle to this pattern, but now that you have done so, I cannot imagine it any other way! Keep up the good work!!!

• I guess you could say I’m addicted to ruffles and that I just love making things complicated! Taking the easy route just doesn’t compute with me :) Many thanks for your nice comments!

5. Oh my goodness – what a beautiful, classic top. It is an amazing color and the ruffle was the perfect touch.

lovely looking top and it really suits you. The question is what happens after your year runs out – surely you can’t go back to buying RTW again?

7. Valerie says:

Very pretty top. The ruffle adds that couture touch.

• Hi Valerie,
      Thank you!
      I love the new header on your blog along with the new tunic! Somehow……. I never joined your blog until today, but I’m so glad I’ll get your posts now. You look very happy in Australia :)

8. robindenning says:

Sing it, sister!
    Looks great!

Great job, I really like the ruffled neckline, I need to remember that. Orange looks fantastic on you.

10. Irene says:

Wonderful top! Looks lovely on you.

11. Maggie Edger says:

You make me want to sew again. The top is really nice. A. Maggie

You did a phenomenal job on this top! Love the color and style! I’ve never used these patterns, but will definitely take a look now!

13. OMG! Your fitting ist amazing! Great top!

14. Sophia says:

Beautiful top. It looks so springy/summery! Oh yes, I love simplicity, good patterns, and easy sewing also. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like the patterns I’ve been taking on lately have had any of these features!