Since completing the “Kate Spade” dress last week I took a short break from the sewing machine and eased back in to the eighth month of sewing my clothes for a year with something super simple. For a moment I thought this project was so easy it didn’t deserve a post, but then I decided it certainly deserved a post just because it was so easy.
After several successful experiences with Style Arc patterns, I placed another order which included the Diana top pattern.
The top would have taken one hour to make but I decided to add a neckline ruffle – surprise, surprise.
To my great delight the ruffle only added another two hours to the project, and now I’m glad I took the time to embellish this basic pattern. I used the ruffle that came with this Simplicity pattern because it had a nice taper. I cut two tapered ruffle pattern pieces and sewed both ends together, folded in half and gathered before attaching to the top. Then I cut a bias strip to use as a facing.
This top was made using a cotton jersey in my stash. It began as a muslin but was quickly transformed into a fun warm-weather top that I can wear with skirts, pants and shorts. Style Arc did it again and I sincerely recommend this pattern company because the patterns are cut and shaped so well.
s i m p l i c i t y
g o o d p a t t e r n s
a n d
e a s y s e w i n g !