Tis the Season to Wear Red

Ah… D e c e m b e r !  If you’re a woman it’s stressful –  period.

So busy was I making the evening gown last month, that I gave zero thought to holiday apparel. Hoping to find time to make something…. anything……. to add a little splash to my ho – hum  holiday wardrobe, I stopped by Mary Jo’s last weekend while traveling. I bought the brightest red I could find in the store.

Then I bought this pattern.

Last month I became intrigued with the Badgley Mischka evening gowns and the designer name caught my eye. What I really like is the top included in the pattern,  but all I had time to make was the skirt, so here it is….

Before I committed to making clothes for a year, I would have never bought a bright red skirt . I would have bought a black one to be practical and this is what I love about sewing!  $18.00 for fabric, lining, zipper and thread spurred me on to choose the color I craved without the guilt.

Kate Spade here I come!

Gallery | This entry was posted in clothing designers, Fabric, sewing patterns, skirt pattern, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Tis the Season to Wear Red

The skirt is very pretty but you really should try the jacket and the top. I’ve made the jacket and love it….and have seen some great copies of the top!

2. I cannot wait to try the top! I hope to find some fabric in NY later this month and plan to make it ASAP. Thank you so much for the tip!!

You know- now that i think about it, I never make ‘safe’ clothes. I always want to sew somethign that expresses me a little. We have a great hobby, don’t we? I love that skirt- so crisp and frisky!

• Thank you so much, and yes, we have a fabulous hobby. I’m sorry most of my friends never learned to sew.
      These past few months of making clothes has given me a great boost of confidence. The obvious is the confidence that comes with an accomplishment, but what’s less apparent is the confidence to try something new. I must have been scared to spend the big bucks on clothes that weren’t safe and ended up buying the same thing over and over. No more, I vow!

4. Bethsews says:

Perfect Christmas zing! Can’t wait to see the fabric you pick up in NY, you are going to make a great blouse from this pattern…

5. jlundy6116 says:

Absolutely stunning! The perfect holiday outfit for sure.

6. kristinekroken says:

Nice, skirt! I recently bought a fabric and a pattern to sow a skirt, but some how I find it a bit hard to make, but your skirt and jacket look great !

7. kristinekroken says: